Equipment > Brake Lathes > On Car Brake Lathes
Portable On Car Brake Lathes
- Installs rigidly in minutes to the existing caliper mounts.
- Mounting plates are color-coded for easy use, nothing left to chance.
- Sturdy cast-iron construction.
- Rigid mounting and precision micrometer-type tool holders eliminate flexing for maximum accuracy.
- Specially designed adapters assure rotors are machined to manufacturer’s specifications.
Quality & Speed
- Provides a consistently superior on-the-car finish.
- The drive system eliminates the inconvenience of relying on the car’s engine to power the rotor.
Allows for the ultimate surface finish for on-the-car machining by maintaining the proper steady speed.
- Brake vibrations and pulsations are eliminated.
- Patented yoke attaches with a single lug bolt & automtically centers itself.
- Patented coupling of the drive unit can be easily aligned with the yoke in preparation for
machining. Fast and simple.
Lateral Runout Eliminated
- Attaching to the caliper knuckle (using the car’s axle as the spindle) and simultaneously
machining both sides of the rotor parallel eliminates all run out problems.
- Everything you need is at your fingertips.
- Fully adjustable stand is a sturdy mount for the drive unit.
- Storage space for all components.
- Emergency stop switch will shut off both the lathe and drive unit motors.
- Heavy-duty locking caster allows for fast and stable positioning of power drive assembly.
PORTABLE "On the CAR" BRAKE LATHE Product Line
8750 On-Car Lathe − Portable Single Speed - Economy System
Accu-turn’s basic on-the-car machining lathe attaches directly to the brake caliper brackets, insuring
fast easy machining with no need for timely run out compensation procedures.
8800 On-Car Lathe − Portable Single Speed w / Universal Mount
Our most popular system. Incorporates the newer − easier universal slide mount adapters to the basic 8700
and 8710 auxiliary hub drive found in the basic 8750 package.
8820 On-Car Lathe − Professional Multi-Speed w / Universal Mount
This version combines a 2-speed disc lathe with a 2-speed drive unit to obtain increased versatility with
on the vehicle rotor machining.