Equipment > Brake Lathes > On Car Brake Lathes > 8800 On Car Brake Lathe
8800 On Car Brake Lathe - Discontinued
The 8800 on car portable brake lathe mounts quickly and easily without the need for complicated, time consuming compensation, gauges, shims or adjustments. Mounting off the caliper knuckle ensures precise centering and rotor/caliper mount matching.
On car brake lathes are essential equipment for full service brake and wheel repair shops. In many cases brake rotors are easily removed and machined on a reputable bench style lathe – but on car lathes become important when confronted with difficult to remove rotors, those vehicles that manufactures require machining rotors while still installed or to solve customer “come-backs” related to brake vibration and pulsation.
This On Car Brake Lathe has been discontinued.
REPAIR and MAINTENANCE PARTS are still available.
Please contact us
to order your parts.
- Expands brake shops capability and speed with the ability to handle difficult or impossible to remove disc rotors.
- Saves labor with quick and easy universal mounting system.
- Prevents customer come-backs by eliminating brake vibrations and pulsations.
- Quick and rigidly mounts in minutes.
- Mounts to caliper bracket ensuring accurate and simple rotor alignment.
- Universal mounting plates are easy to use, align and center lathe over rotors.
- Patented drive coupling aligns for fast and simple hook up.
- Brake Lathe does not require complicated run-out compensation adjustments!
Lateral Run-Out Eliminated
- Rotor drive unit with patented yoke attaches with a single lug bolt and automatically centers itself.
- Attaches to the caliper knuckle using the vehicles axle as the spindle and simultaneously machining both sides of the rotor parallel, eliminating all runout problems.
- After brackets are installed on caliper bracket ears, the lathe is mounted on the unique sliding mount adapter. This allows for precise centering of the lathe over the rotor.
Quality and Speed
- Brake Lathe properly mounted ensures an accurate cut without the need for complicated compensation allowances, gauges, plates or shims required on other brands.
- Provides a consistently superior on-the-car rotor finish.
Accessory packages available for expanded medium duty truck work.
- Convenient 8710 auxiliary drive unit quickly and easily hooks up to hub. Eliminates the inconvenience of relying on the vehicles engine to power the rotor. Maintaining the proper steady speed ensures the ultimate surface finish.